This is a picture of the shirt that I ordered my mom to celebrate the fact that today my mom has been breast cancer free for 11 YEARS!!!! And I believe that it fits her perfectly because she truly is ONE TOUGH CHICK. She was definitely so strong for her family when we found out she had breast cancer and through all of the surgeries, chemo, etc. I am lucky to have such a great family that stuck together and helped me through this time. It was also great that my older sister Amber (a pediatric nurse) was able to help take care of mom after the surgeries and during the chemo. I know that it was really hard for her but she did awesome.On October 4th I will participate in the Race for the Cure for the 1st time. Lee Lewis Construction is putting together a team and I am excited to be a part of it. I am a little nervous about it being an emotional time for me. I think that since my mom was so positive about surviving breast cancer that I have not ever really let it sink in and I don't really want to. Instead I just want to celebrate that my mom is CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
She IS one tough chick!
A true Miracle! Congratulations to your mom and your family for surviving a terrible trial! Love you all!
Post a Comment