Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Swimming Lessons


Caden started swimming lessons on Monday. She has no fear, but her momma does! She started off in the kiddie pool and immediately started showing the instructor how she could hold her nose and go under water. It would not have been that scary if she would have waited for the instructor to look before she went under the water. The other kids were sitting on the side of the pool waiting for instruction, but not Caden.

The parents are not supposed to stay and watch until Thursday so I left and worried about her the whole time I was gone. I did not think that they would let her drown, but I was worried that something would happen and she would be scared to continue the lessons. Silly, I know.
But she made it through the first lesson and had such a great time. The whole way home she was saying that she wanted to swim longer. I am glad that she loves the water.
Today she had her second lesson and she thinks that 2 lessons is enough for her to know how to swim without her floaties. Scary. I do not want her to be too confident. Today when I picked her up she was in the big pool. She was slowing making her way towards the deep end of the pool. The instructor did not let her get that far, but once again I was a little freaked out.

I am wondering whether or not she will be able to really swim on her own with only 8 lessons. She is doing really well and she is definitely not afraid of the water.

I will take many more pictures on Thursday when I get to stay and watch and will post an update on her progress then.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay Caden! She looks so happy! I would be freaking out too girl! That is great that she is not afraid of the water though! :)

Janet said...

That's great that she is doing so well and that she loves it so much. I'm glad she has no fear of the water, but I understand that healthy mommy fear too! I look forward to hearing more about her lessons and how her swimming skills come along.