Saturday, June 21, 2008

Parent Watch Day!

On Thursday I was able to stay and watch Caden's swimming lesson. I took many pictures and a few videos. She is doing great!
Next Thursday I will be leaving Jace with Brent. More on that later.

Caden before the lesson.


Talking to one of the teachers before the lesson started.

One of the first things they did was practice putting their heads all the way in the water without holding their nose. In this picture Caden is the one under the water.

Here is a video of Caden learning how to use her arms to swim.




Caden decided to go to the kiddie pool for awhile. She showed the other kids in the kiddie pool how she can go under water without holding her nose. She also showed them how she can get a toy from the bottom of the kiddie pool. I think that Caden is in the middle of two stages. She is not afraid of the water or of going under and she knows how to blow bubbles, hold her breath and kick. However, the kids that stayed in the main pool the whole time know how to swim short distances and Caden does not.


When Caden made it back to the main pool she practiced jumping off the side of the pool. She started off holding the teacher's hands. Then she jumped to him without holding his hands.


Finally she jumped all by herself!


She also got to go down the slide for the first time.

Here is a video of Caden going down. BTW, right before I started the video the girl in the water asked what Caden's name was.





Meanwhile, I was chasing Jace around trying to keep him from getting too close to the pool. He did not appreciate it and was pouting most of the time.


Not sure what he is doing here, but I thought it was funny.

One of the parents gave Jace his hat to play with. (And I do know that the shoes Jace is wearing are getting too small for him and his toes do hang off the end a little but I was in a hurry.)


Multi-tasking!

Eating a goldfish he found on the ground. I made him spit it out.
Yesterday Caden asked if we can go to swimming lessons even though no one was going to be there. She said we can do pretend swimming lessons. I am glad that she is loving it. Sometimes I wish we had our own pool. I miss swimming, too.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Aw, how fun girl! She is doing great! I miss our swimming pool too!

Janet said...

Aw, those videos and pics are precious! Glad she is doing so well and loving it so much.

Ashley said...

Okay, Okay, Okay! Guess I'm in the doghouse huh?!?! I will take some pics TODAY!!! And (hopefully) post some today! I just haven't taken pics yet cause we aren't completely finished...as in we haven't hung anything on the walls yet. But I will put pics of the almost finished room...just to make my sis happy! One day early sneak peak! Hehe! Hey, are you surprised? I didn't even get around to sending you pics of my new house! I'm just so bad!!! Love you and can't wait to see ya!