Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Let's See if it Works

I just wanted to see if I could figure out this new feature of setting up a post for a future date and time. So if you are reading this, then I succeeded!

Now lets talk about my silly little boy. He has not learned to say many words yet and so he does alot of crying to try to get us to do what he wants. Amber has taught Harlee and Bode some sign language and I have learned a few things from them including how to sign 'more' (see picture below) and 'all done'. These are great for meal times.


We have been trying to get Jace to sign 'more' and now he can! At first he was stubborn and would only do it after being asked many times. Now he gets excited when he gets what he wants after signing 'more'. He also thinks that he can use that sign for everything (food, drinks, toys, books - he wants more of it all). I think he knows 'all done' too, but he has only done it a couple of times. I will have to learn more so that he will be able to communicate with us without getting so upset. Here he is showing momma 'more'. I love how he only uses his pointer fingers!


Jace has recently had problems with really dry skin. We now have to treat his head too because it is so dry and it itches all day long. Poor thing. The picture below shows his spikey 'do after I greased up his head for the first time (he is also saying eeeese! for the camera). I hope it works for him. The doctor says that summertime will be better for him since he will get more of the UV rays.

One more thing. Brent told me a funny Caden story today. She was drinking some tea and went up to Brent and said, hey I have a tea mustache. Then she wiped it on her shirt and said, now I have a tea shirt. Get it!

Okay, so maybe it is just funny to us. I think she will have her daddy's humor.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay Jace! Gage is also doing really well at "signing". He has "more" and "all done" down! It truly makes meal time so much more enjoyable! Instead of screaming they can actually let us know exactly what they want! :) That Caden is a funny girl! I love her sense of humor! :)

Lainey-Paney said...

I'm a total stranger. Hi.
I'm blog surfing.
:)
But, I'm also a mom.
On the dry skin.... you might try Aveeno Soothing Relief Creamy Baby Bath Wash. It's tear-free, and really moisturizing. Our son gets eczema breakouts a few times a year, and this bath wash really seems to help. I am also a fan of baby oil instead of lotion when Gage's (our son) skin gets really dry. If I know we don't have to go somewhere, or if I'm bathing him in the evening, I dab baby oil on his head with a cottom ball & it seems to help.

Good luck. It can be so annoying for the little ones, and for us moms too!

Oh, also, the pediatrician told me not to bathe Gage every single day if possible, and if I do, to really lather on the lotion or baby oil.

good luck!

jana said...

hey girl....
there is a tv show called Signing time on PBS... it might help you and Jace learn some more signs.... Tanner and i watch it together