I just need to vent a little bit. I was having a pretty good day today before I picked Caden up from school. On the way there, I was a little excited to hear how her day went since they had their end of school party today. I get there and find in her basket a bucket full of shovels and other fun things for playing in the sand, as well as a couple of gifts from her classmates. I thought wow this must have been a great day for her. Then I go into Caden's classroom to get her. She looks happy and says she had a great day. We pack up into the truck and I start to leave the parking lot. Caden asks, when is the pizza party? I explained to her that the pizza is for the kids that stay after preschool for Children's Day Out. (Let me just say that I am too cheap to pay for her to stay until 2:45 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that she can eat a lunch that I packed and take a nap. All of this she can do at home.) She was sad that she was not staying for pizza which I understood. I told her that we could have pizza for lunch at our house. She just pouted up even more and said that she doesn't like Daddy's pizza (which are frozen pizzas). Still at this point I understand why she is a little upset. Then she said you made me miss table games. I was a little confused because they usually do table games first thing in the morning when they get to school, and she was at school on time. Come to find out, they were letting the kids play in their 'centers' while they waited for the pizza. So, momma showed up and made her miss table games. One more strike against momma. I decided to try to move on to someting positive. So I asked if she had fun riding with her friend Ashtyn to the school party. (They went to a place called TEGA where they teach gymnastics, dance, cheerleading, etc.) Ashtyn's mom had volunteered to help drive the kids there. Ashtyn is one of Caden's best friends at school. This should have been great for her, and maybe it was. I am not sure. She said it was fun but.... she did not get to ride with Alan. Also, she did not get to play with Alan while she was there. Basically, the whole ride home she complained about what she did not get today. I was upset. I was not raised to act like that and I do not want my little girl acting like that. So many people put so much into making this a great day for her and she is not grateful? I talked to Brent about it when we got home and he agreed with me that she shouldn't act that way. On the way back from lunch I called my mom. She says that it is ok because Caden is only four and right now everything is about her. She also said that my sisters and I acted the same way at that age. It makes me feel a little bit better, but I guess I thought I was teaching her better.
1 comment:
Oh Amy, I am so sorry that you were upset, but you are a wonderful mommy! I know there are many people that would back me up on that too! You are teaching your kids to be respectful and polite, and they are such sweet children! I have always enjoyed being around your little family. I agree with your mom that Caden is still young and in her eyes, the world revolves around her, but I promise that she will outgrow it! You have nothing to worry about!
Post a Comment