Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday. Mostly because I am a big weenie. I do NOT like all of the scary movies and other scary Halloween stuff AT ALL. It seems like every channel has something Halloween related the whole month of October. Even the kids channels had shows that I thought were a little scary. Caden tried to be brave and watch some of the shows, but being brave led to nightmares a couple of times. The night before Halloween Caden woke up 3 or 4 times because she was having bad dreams. At one point that night I stood outside of her room waiting to see if she would be able to go back to sleep. She sat up straight in her bed and said think about puppy dogs and kitty cats over and over again (One time Grammy told her that when Grammy has a bad dream she tries to think about puppy dogs and kitty cats instead). It made me so sad to hear how scared she was. After I laid down with her she settled down enough to go back to sleep.
Even though I do not like the scary stuff, I do enjoy getting the kids dressed up and taking them Trick or Treating. We always go to my parents house and trick or treat in their neighborhood. This year the kids decorated cupcakes first. Jace was more intested in eating than decorating, but Caden did a good job with the decorating.
After decorating the cupcakes we got the kids ready to go. Jace was not very excited about his costume and fought me at first. We eventually convinced him to wear it though after explaining that he was going to get some candy.
Tinkerbell and the Brave Knight heading out the door.
We could not get Jace to wear his crown. Brent knew that he loves to wear his hat so he suggested that we put the crown on his hat and it worked like a charm!
We didn't get very far before Jace tripped and dumped his candy.

My beautiful Tinkerbell
My brave knight with his sucker. At first he tried to give his sucker away instead of holding up his basket for more candy, but he quickly figured out how trick or treating works.

Caden found a friend, Ellie, and she went door to door with us. She was such a sweet girl.


Trying to hold up his basket full of candy. Sticking your tongue out must help.

Back at my parent's house enjoying the candy.
My beautiful Tinkerbell
I had to get a picture of Caden and Grammy walking together since I have one for every other year. 
Waiting to see if anybody was home.
At the last house Jace decided he was done so he just sat down. Grandma always talks about how Brent did stuff like that when he was little!
Showing how much candy she got.
Trying to hold up his basket full of candy. Sticking your tongue out must help.
Back at my parent's house enjoying the candy.
2 comments:
They look adorable! I hate that she has been having bad dreams! I hope that passes soon! That really breaks my heart! Love you guys and can't wait to see ya this weekend! :)
Your kids are ADORABLE!
Post a Comment