Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

I love to hear that Caden is a good girl even when Brent and I are not around! Last week I sat down with Caden's teacher to hear about how well she is doing at school. Mrs. Rankin had lots of great things to say. Caden is able to recognize all of her shapes, knows all of the days of the week and can write her own name. She can recognize all of the letters of the alphabet except Q, L and V. When asked if she can say all of the months in a year she said, "January, February, March, April, June 11th." Too cute. She even skipped the month that she was born. We will have to work on those. We also need to work on yesterday and tomorrow. Caden can easily say the days of the week in order but if you say today is Monday so what day is tomorrow (or yesterday), she usually doesn't know the right answer. Mrs. Rankin says she is really good at cutting for her age. She can cut along a straight line, curved line, zig zag line and a wavy line. Even though Caden can easily write her name, she still needs to learn how to write in upper and lower case letters and how to write the letters correctly in the lines. Caden also got an A+ on her social skills!
I am so proud and just wanted to share!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Such a smart girl!!! Makes her aunt proud too!!! :)

Chelsea said...

Congrats! She's gonna be a whiz just like her momma! :)

Janet said...

Yay Caden! She is so smart and I'm so glad she is doing well! You have a lot to be proud of!