Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wii Fit


Yesterday we bought a new toy! We got Wii Fit and I love it so far. I am hoping that it will help me get in shape. I am also hoping that if I post my goals and updates on this blog, then I will keep up with it. I started off yesterday late afternoon and played for about 20 minutes and after dinner I did 23 more. I pretty much tried everything that was 'unlocked' - some items are not available until you have completed some of the exercises. Everything except the push ups. My wrist has been bothering me so I got out of doing that one. It will probably be the hardest one for me though. The hardest ones for Brent were the yoga exercises. It was really frustrating him. We did have fun doing the running activity together and of course I was way behind him! I think that is the exercise that has both of our calves hurting today. I also noticed that my abs were a little sore when I went to put my hair in a ponytail.
Okay, I set my goal to lose 20 lbs in 3 months. I would like to lose it faster but the game told me it is not healthy to lose more than 3 lbs in 2 weeks. Can't argue with the game right?! So I am trying for 3.1 lbs every 2 weeks. I hope I see some results by August 8th. We will be going to San Angelo to celebrate Grandma and Shandra's birthdays out at Lake Nasworthy. Grandma already has a couple of cabins rented. It will be a fun weekend!
I will try to remember to post updates weekly.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay girl! I am so jealous!! Janet has one too! It is way fun! Guess I need to get me one! Good luck!

Janet said...

Yay! How fun! We have one too and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the workout I get, I hate how it insults me! Lol! In all seriousness though, it has been a great motivator for me. Maybe we can motivate each other to work out and lose weight, although I think you look great. I will be rooting you on!

Janet said...

BTW, There is something for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I have a similar goal to lose some weight before we go on the 8th. The girls are so excited and it will be a lot of fun. Brent has updated me daily on the WII fit and how it shows where you are at and I am also jealous. But I will have one as soon as I find one.