Once again this morning did not go as expected, but it was fun. We did go to the 4th on Broadway celebration downtown but it was a dud. I think that if we had older kids it might have been better. We stood in line to get the kids faces painted but after not moving in the line and seeing the artwork on the kids faces that did leave the booth, we moved on. Caden jumped in the bouncy house for a couple of minutes and had a blast. It just didn't last very long. Next we decided to hit the ice cream truck to get a sweet treat. Probably the highlight of the whole trip. Jace loved his red popsicle. What was I thinking. At least I had a bib to put on him. My snow cone was not great but I guess you can't expect anything different from an ice cream truck. That is pretty much all that we did downtown besides walk in the humidity. We parked so far away and as we got closer and closer we found much better parking. Oh well, we got a little exercise in too. Here are a few pictures from this morning:
Brent with Jace who was refusing to smile for the camera.

Caden trying to smile with the sun in her eyes and Jace running from the camera.

While we were waiting in line at the bouncy house Caden and Jace played peek-a-boo with daddy's legs.

My pretty girl.

The red popsicle.

Once the popsicle was almost gone it got way to messy and we took it away. Jace was not a happy boy.

Caden's messy face.

Oops I almost forgot. Brent bought Caden and I a new pair of sunglasses! We are now stylin'.
We plan to watch the fireworks tonight. Hope everyone has a Happy 4th!
3 comments:
Cute pics! Caden is so pretty...just like her Mommy!!! It's good that you could at least spend time together as a family, even if it wasn't what you had expected! Looks like you still had fun! :)
I am glad you guys ended up having fun after the throw-up car incident! Caden and Jace just look so cute!
Such cuties! Sorry things weren't exactly the way you planed, but glad you had some nice family time anyway! Love the glasses. You and Caden look great!
Post a Comment