Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fave Five

Okay, so I know from reading other blogs that the Fave Five list should be done on a Friday but I am going to go ahead and post one today.



Five of my favorite things about Jace:
  • Zerberts and Sugars - I know that this is really 2 things, but with both you are left soaking wet so I am listing it as one. Jace's favorite thing to do lately is to give zerberts and we think it is hilarious. He will be playing with you and then all of the sudden he starts to give you a zerbert over and over and over again. Earlier today he was pushing on Brent trying to get him out of his way and then out of nowhere decided to give Brent a zerbert on his leg. Jace also loves to give the wet open mouth kisses, and they are the good kisses not the real quick ones. It is so sweet.
  • Learning to talk - Besides Dada and Momma, Jace cannot say many words that you can understand. However, that doesn't stop him from talking constantly. It is like he has his own language. He did say cheese a couple of weeks ago, but he will only repeat it when he wants to.
  • Momma's Helper - Jace takes after his sister with this one. He will help put clothes in the dryer (and then take them right back out) and he loves to help unload the dishwasher (unlike his daddy who hates unloading the dishwasher). He also loves to help put his sippy cup in the refrigerator so that the milk doesn't get warm.
  • Pretending - I love how he pretends that everything is a cell phone. The TV remote, a calculator, my debit card and many random toys are all cell phones to Jace. He will hold them up to his ear and talk. Then he will smile really big or laugh. Too cute.
  • Warming up to others - Jace has a hard time warming up to people. He clings to me the most but if Brent and I are not around he will cling to Caden. However, over the past couple of weeks Jace has started to venture away from us more and more when we are at someone else's house. I love how excited everyone gets when he reaches for them to hold him when I am standing in the same room.

Five of my favorite things about Caden:

  • Her sayings - My favorite is "well, whats for that?" This is what she says when she wants to know why something happened. She also says "Well, that was pretty crazy" all of the time. I love it when she says that because she always has a silly look on her face when she says it.
  • Loves her brother - She is the sweetest big sister ever. She is always trying to give Jace hugs and sugars all day long (even when he is being ugly and doesn't want them). She wants to include him in everything and makes sure he gets to go everywhere she goes. She doesn't even mind sharing with him (most of the time!).
  • Knock-Knock jokes - Caden has an Elmo movie that does knock-knock jokes and Caden has been making up her own for quite awhile now. I love them even though they really aren't funny. Most of them end with 'on my head.'
  • Momma's Helper - I know I already used this one for Jace, but it is so true for Caden too. She wants to help with everything including the laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc. She loves to help me stamp the submittals from my work. When we go to the grocery store she will say, "If you tell me to pick up something for you, then I will." She says this because I have told her so many times not to pick up anything unless I give her permission. Otherwise, we have things falling off the shelf!
  • Sweet Nature - Caden will sit with you and cuddle and love on you. She gives great hugs and tells me that she loves me even without me saying it first.

Brent and I are so blessed!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

hey amy.. thank you for the comment and prayers!!! i think we went to high school together.. my last name then was cardwell.. didn't you play soccer with me??

Ashley said...

I love it girl! That is so true about both of your sweeties! I love and miss them so much!! (and I am one of those who gets SO excited that Jace reaches for me!)

Honeyed Hashette said...

You are so sweet and your babies are too!