Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We Made it Through

Tuesday morning was hard on me. I dropped Jace off that morning for his first day of school (actually it was Childrens Day Out, but we call it school since Caden goes to preschool there). His teachers were great at diverting his attention so that I could leave the room, but as I was walking out he started crying. He was crying pretty hard when I walked away. Debbie, the head of CDO, gave me her cell phone number so I could call and check on him later. So, I walked out of the building and sat in the truck trying not to cry, trying not to go back inside. Instead I called my mom. Things are always better after I talk to my mom. She assured me that Jace would be fine. Later, when I called Debbie she let me know that Jace had stopped crying and that he was doing fine. At the time I called his class was singing songs and dancing.
When I went to pick him up at noon, he was happily playing. He did not look unhappy or uncomfortable which made me really happy.



While I was getting all of his stuff together, I asked him if he had a good day and if he liked school. He said yes! Less than one minute later, Debbie walked by and asked Jace the same thing and he said No! Little toot!
Jace was in such a good mood and I really do think that he had a good time at school. He was excited to find Caden's classroom. He had a little hop in his step, like he was feeling like a big boy going to school!
I am so glad that we both made it through that morning! Tomorrow is his second day at school. I am wondering if it will be easier because he knows what is going to happen or if knowing what will happen will make tomorrow worse. I might have to try letting Brent take him to school. He will probably be better for Brent - that is the case with everything else!
On the other hand, Caden couldn't wait to get back to school. She loves it and never looks back when I drop her off. Most of the time I have to stop her and asks for hugs and sugars before she goes in her classroom.
Today was Horrible Hair Day at school. Caden loved her hair and was so excited that she was giggling all the way down the hall to her classroom. It was so cute. She couldn't wait to see her classmates and for them to see her.



5 comments:

Amber said...

I am proud of both you and Jace! What a big boy!! Oh, and what is wrong with Pie Pie's hair? I like it. Hehe!!

Ashley said...

Aw, I'm glad it went well after all! I glanced down at the pic of Pie Pie before I read that it was Horrible Hair Day and I was seriously wondering...LOL! Fun!

Janet said...

Aw that is so hard! I'm so glad everything went well. I love Caden's hair too! So cute!

Chelsea said...

I hope the second day went better! :) Love ya

Honeyed Hashette said...

I am sure Jace will adjust and loooove school soon enough. :) Caden is so pretty and I think her hair is awfully cute!